Saturday, October 4, 2008

I am home

from the funeral home.

Amber and I went to Dave Parker's visitation. It was what you would expect; horribly sad. What WAS wonderful, was the outpouring of love people had for the family. There were people in scrubs, people in Varner guard uniforms, black people, white people, unrelated folks, and many, many school teachers. It says a lot, to have so many, from so many walks of life, care enough about you to show up.

It hurt more than I can express, to have Tina hug me and talk with me tonight. But my hurt doesn't hold a candle to hers, or to their precious son, Jake. Please keep ALL their friends and family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Blake October 4, 2008 at 8:58:00 PM CDT  

I will continue to pray for Dave's friends and family. I did not know him personally, but have only heard good things about him.

Anonymous,  October 5, 2008 at 12:17:00 AM CDT  

I keep thinking about her and their unborn baby and Jake-There arent words to express.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP