Tuesday, October 7, 2008

beauty

"You cannot control the world outside, but you can choose what you will bring into yourself. If you do not see anything of value in your life, begin by finding one thing of beauty every day until it becomes a habit." -Unknown

“Strive to be first: first to nod, first to smile, first to compliment, and first to forgive.” —Anonymous

God never wastes a hurt! –Rick Warren

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” (2 Corinthians 1:4 NLT)

"What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?" -Mary Ann Evans (aka George Eliot; 1819-1880), novelist. That one makes me think of Brandy and TJ :)

“God wants you to have a Christ-like ministry on earth. That means other people are going to find healing in your wounds. Your greatest life messages and your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts. The things you’re most embarrassed about, most ashamed of and most reluctant to share are the very tools God can use most powerfully to heal others.” –The Purpose Driven Life
With all the bad things happening in Drew County lately, I thought it was a good time to share that.

5 comments:

Drea October 7, 2008 at 12:42:00 PM CDT  

girl u blog more than me now! :-) very nice post tho! :-D

Mandy October 7, 2008 at 4:56:00 PM CDT  

Beautiful post. I think we all need to read something like this right now with all of the horrible things happening all around us.

I hope your 'family' at Ryburn's is doing okay. I'm sure the recent death is really hard on you all.

It's crazy how this always happens. It's never just one tragedy.. it's always at least three all at once. Never fails.. never.

We've been talking a lot about "spiritual warefare" at church lately.. if that isn't what's going on here.. then I don't know what could be classified as such!

Mandy October 7, 2008 at 4:57:00 PM CDT  

"warfare" is what I meant.. head cold has me stuffier in the brain than I usually am on my own. ;)

Jenn October 7, 2008 at 7:07:00 PM CDT  

Very inspiring. I sure needed it!

You are a blessing!

Sugar-n-Spice October 7, 2008 at 11:14:00 PM CDT  

Thanks for thinking of us....I'm going to post the one you sent me by email. It's just so awesome!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP