Tuesday, September 23, 2008

finally, an update

I have finally got internet access again. It is NOT where I wanted it to be. I have to use a wireless router to make it work in the actual office. For now, it's in the playroom, due to lack of options.
We have had a rough time getting moved. I won't go into all the details, but I will say things got a little rocky before it was all said and done. The latest dilemma is that our refridgerator is too large for the opening in the cabinets that it is supposed to fit into. Thank goodness my dad is crafty (and not on chemo at the moment) and is going to move my pantry (get this crap... less than TWO INCHES) to make it fit. He is planning to start working on that tomorrow, if the water line doesn't mess him up. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can make it happen, because I reallllly do not need a new fridge. (If I was getting new appliances, I would replace this stove which was created when God was a boy...it is awful!!)

So here are a lot of before and after pics. Pretend you don't see all the boxes and cleaning supplies all over the place. Blake and I have done a MASSIVE amount of cleaning, and are NOWHERE NEAR done. It is just not acceptable to me at this point! We are trying hard to get it the way I want it kept. None of the rooms are completed, as far as decor, and none of my pics have been hung yet, so this is basically a rough draft/sneak peak of what we have been working so hard on. We have had the roof replaced, and the painters are painting the exterior this week.
HOUSE 037
This is the half bath "BEFORE"
house 073
This is it "After" although I don't have my square framed beach pics back from keepsakes yet! That bathroom will be done in black and white beach photos, with wide white mats in black frames.
HOUSE 043
This is how the entire upstairs was "BEFORE"
house 063
This is the paneling now, since we painted. "After"
HOUSE 056
This is the office/photography room "BEFORE"
house 062
And this is AFTER; we stripped 4 layers of wall paper and painted. That chair is going to be recovered by my father in law, so no one throw up when they see the peach color!
HOUSE 053
This is the playroom "BEFORE"
house 065
and here it is "After" repainted. All my books and scrapbooking materials are in here, too.
HOUSE 049
This is my kids' bathroom "BEFORE"
house 066
and now "AFTER"
HOUSE 047
Karsyn's room "BEFORE"
house 067
Karsyn's room "AFTER" (and no that blue shade isn't staying, it's just all I have at the moment, and the old owners left it!)
HOUSE 046
Jordan's room "BEFORE"
house 064
Jordan's room "AFTER" (without her stiletto and purse pics, haven't gotten those yet) That curtain isn't permanent either, I just don't have what I want yet.
HOUSE 044
This is the living room BEFORE
house 069
And here it is AFTER. Overlook the pledge and mr clean that's on the hearth.
house 071
house 072
and these are a couple of views of my living room.
There is still plenty to do, but it's coming together pretty well, FINALLY!!
And let me add, if you have a need for interior or exterior painting, you should give Ricky and Casey Hill a call. They are AMAZING and effiecient, and have reasonable rates.

4 comments:

Jennifer September 23, 2008 at 6:57:00 PM CDT  

Great job! It's coming along great, considering how much work you want done. And woo hoo for having the internet again!!

Debbi September 23, 2008 at 7:54:00 PM CDT  

those bathrooms and bedrooms look SO much better now, the paint does wonders, and I love the built in sheves in the play room.

Michael September 23, 2008 at 10:16:00 PM CDT  

your house looks nice. i'll try to get over there this weekend to help on that project.

Mom of these kids September 24, 2008 at 8:27:00 AM CDT  

That's a big playroom! I know you guys are going to enjoy the new place. Removing wallpaper....YUCK!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP