Saturday, September 13, 2008

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SWAP!

Rosjuane I went shopping the other day, only to be totally overwhelmed by the GORGEOUS ornaments and other decorations that are already on display at Paul Michaels. She and I both LOVED the Christmas Ornament Swap that we took part in last year. I decided that I will get the ball rolling on this one early this year, since stores are already filling their shelves with all the goodies.
Please link this on your own blog, and forward to friends. I would love for everyone to get to meet new people through it.
Some random info:
I am thinking we will swap no more than three ornaments, unless it seems weird to not get the whole "set". Price limit is $20 FIRM! We had a low limit last year, and I think we all went over! If you get a wonderful deal, and just have to buy something that is worth more, yet falls under the limit, go for it. If you find 1-2 amazing ones that you are in love with, there is NO pressure to buy more than that. We don't want anyone being stressed about trying to "keep up" and not look cheap. Most of us have small kids and lots of expenses at Christmas, so we want to keep it on a fun level.
It can be made from anything, as long as it can be hung on a Christmas tree. No stuff to "sit around" or what nots, at least not for this swap, UNLESS your person specifies that they are interested in that type thing. If they are, you still aren't obligated to go that route, it's just another possibility to explore.
The Rules:
In order to enter, please email me at shelley23@gmail.com with your name, and mailing address, and your blog site, if you have one. Copy and paste the below questionaire in order to make it easier on your person to know what you are (and ARE NOT) interested in! The more info, the better, if you ask me!
Would you be happy with what not type decorations, or are you interested only in tree ornaments?
What color scheme is your tree?
Do you collect any specific theme, such as hallmark, snowmen, or etc?
Do you like personalized ornaments, with names/initials? If so, please include all info for your family's names.
Do you like oversized ornaments? Flashy and bright, or simple and contemporary?
Is there anything specific that you think someone "might" get you that you totally cannot stand?
Sign ups will run from now, until October 20th.
I will be getting your names to you as soon as I can after that, probably within a matter of days. If you email me, and feel like I may have possibly somehow not gotten it, do not hesitate to email again. After I get everyone their partner, you will then have until Thanksgiving to mail out your ornaments. (We want to have time for people to get them onto their trees!)
Before shopping, get to know the person you have been given - be sure and check out their blog if they have one, find out what they like, what they collect, etc... Or you can bless them with something from your neck of the woods, something they wouldn't find where they live, as long as it doesn't fall into their list of stuff they would not want.☺
Shipping instructions: Please package each ornament carefully (especially if doing glass ornaments) Please include your name on your package, since it is not a secret pal swap.
Ornaments must be mailed with delivery confirmation, please, it's only about fifty cents. Please do not sign up if you don't want to take it seriously. No one wants to be left with no prize!
Once they are received, please blog yours, if you have one!

8 comments:

Mom of these kids September 13, 2008 at 11:33:00 PM CDT  

I'll do it! It was a lot of fun last year.

Mindy September 14, 2008 at 3:38:00 PM CDT  

This looks like fun! I sent my email in.

Shelley September 14, 2008 at 5:06:00 PM CDT  

three so far.... comments are always few and far between on weekends, so I am thinking people will join in on Monday.... I hope! Cause it was a blast last year!

Shelley September 17, 2008 at 4:23:00 PM CDT  

we have 8 that have emailed me so far...

Michele September 20, 2008 at 8:20:00 AM CDT  

I just found your blog and wanted to say 'hi'. I'd love to be included in the swap, so I'm off to send you an email. I've added you to my favorites, if thats ok, so I'll be back to visit often!

Have a great weekend!
Hugz,
Michele

mommyholly October 2, 2008 at 11:58:00 AM CDT  

How fun!! I just saw your swap on swapdex and would love to participate! My mom and I both will actually! :) We are swap-a-holics right now haha!! Off to email you! xo!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP