Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tomorrow

DAD_MYSPACE_RIBBON
Tomorrow is the day my daddy goes back to the VA (For the millionth time) so he can speak to Dr. Safar about the results of his CT scan, and his chemo. He has had a hard time with the chemo building up in his system, and is hoping to get on a different schedule that isn't as often so he will have an easier time dealing with it. He is quite a trooper, and not a whiner, and there's really no way for us to know how yucky he feels because he doesn't complain. He keeps a lot of that to himself, I think mostly because he doesn't want his life to be centered around his illness, and I admire him for that. His cancer does not define him.
We are still praying that the chemo he has taken has done some good. The dr's have been less than optimistic about that, but my dad's been pretty positive that he thinks it is better.
If it isn't, that will be a terrible blow, and I don't want to think about it. I can say that I value his opinion on what he wants to do as far as his treatments, and I will not involve myself with that in the least. I know him. When he says enoughs' enough, it IS, and I will respect that. I want him to have the most normal, fulfilled life possible, for as long as possible, and we are all working towards, and praying for, the same thing.
HEALING.
August 13th is his 62nd birthday. We WILL rejoice in the day and be glad in it!!

9 comments:

Blake August 6, 2008 at 12:18:00 PM CDT  

We will be praying for good results tomorrow!

Sarah Albin August 6, 2008 at 12:38:00 PM CDT  

We will be praying and thinking of you all tomorrow. Keep us posted.

RADstitches August 6, 2008 at 1:58:00 PM CDT  

When my mamaw was sick with her cancer... she looked at everyday like another birthday! She had such a good attitude, and was so strong for so long. Good luck tomorrow.

Mom of these kids August 6, 2008 at 6:50:00 PM CDT  

It is great he has a good attitude. That makes a big difference with the healing process.

I will be praying, hope he gets a good report!

Anonymous,  August 6, 2008 at 6:59:00 PM CDT  

Thinking and Praying for him and the rest of your family.And happy birthday to him as well!!

Michael August 6, 2008 at 8:39:00 PM CDT  

It's good to know he's got such a positive attitude.

I often wonder how I would handle a diagnosis of a major disease. I don't believe I would be the poster child of positive reinforcement.

No matter what, keep your head up! I'll be out of pocket some tomorrow but you know how to get in touch with me.

ash August 6, 2008 at 10:47:00 PM CDT  

You and your family is in my prayers!!!

dean August 7, 2008 at 2:05:00 AM CDT  

you and your family are all in my prayers...

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP