Thursday, August 28, 2008

it's all starting to come together....

The money has officially changed hands on the sale of our house. We are supposed to close tomorrow. We have had to wait on that to occur before we could start finalizing paperwork on the one we are buying. We have done little more than get approved for the loan, but don't forsee any issues, so I will go ahead and say (knock on wood) that we are in the process of buying one in Windy Hills.
Not getting into detail on it until we have dotted the i's and crossed the t's! I can say, I am changing up my kids' room decor, and was happy to accept a hand me down bedspread and set of sheets from my close friend Amber, for Karsyn's bed. She had a daybed in her baby's room that she bought these things for, but ended up never using it, so she gave it all to me. The color scheme is something I wanted to use in order to accomodate Karsyn's love of pigs. I have been talking with KT's best buddy/sister in law Mandy for a while about painting me some custom canvas pieces for her room. I am now on the lookout for "cute" pigs that I can show to Mandy for examples. (HINT HINT KT, if you get bored....google pigs!) I know it's an odd obsession to have, but my kid loves them.
PIGS 001
PIGS 002
We literally have a trash bag full of pigs that have been packed while we prepare to move.....the ones shown are some of her favorites, but we have a TON.

I borrowed a book from Michelle at Keepsakes in order to pick out prints for my living room. I think I have it narrowed down, but am not quite positive. When I know 100% I will share it with the blog family!

I will most likely be selling some home interior fruit pictures (one very large one). My sister in law wants to look at them first, but if she isn't interested, I will let you guys know incase anyone wants to buy them. I will also probably be selling my dining table (Bassett) and a few other decorative items. I am thinking I will have another yard sale soon.... One other thing..... I may be selling my Thomas Kinkade painting. I haven't talked to Michael about it, so that isn't set in stone though. It is Lamplight Manor. It was $1000+ for the painting & frame and light. I am not sure what I would be willing to accept for it, but it won't be sold for yard sale prices. It was purchased at the Village Framer and I do have it's certificate of authenticity. I am going for a "less is more" look in the new house, so I have a lot that's gotta go!

2 comments:

Mindy August 28, 2008 at 4:33:00 PM CDT  

Sweet, I am always looking for decorative items.
Lemme know when you start to sell them.

Laken August 29, 2008 at 12:52:00 PM CDT  

So excited about all of your decorating that is coming up! I love to decorate and can't wait to see all of your neat ideas via blog!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP