Friday, August 29, 2008

CLOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most people that I talk to frequently are aware that I had major drama hit my household late yesterday.

We were told that there was a lien on our house from Drew Memorial Hospital, which would in turn prevent us being able to close on the sale today.

This was incorrect. We have no outstanding bills anywhere, much less at DMH.

Dealing with this mess was horrible for more than one reason. It was stressful to have that occur on a Friday. Who knew if it could be fixed before next week??? The people buying ours are sick of the various hold ups, even though none have been our fault. Then, add to it that I had not one but TWO photo sessions scheduled this morning that were cancelled, one of which did not get my message and showed up at the location and waited on me :( This makes me feel awful!! I had disorganization, and inconveniencing people is NOT the way I do business. I will be doing something to make it up to the family. Plus, I had no idea where to turn, or where to begin....so that caused a sleepless night. We have had trouble like this in a smaller magnitude because of it being the "wrong" Mike Smith, so dealing with it again makes my head ache.

I began the day at the court house, ended up having to go take all the paperwork I got there to the loan officer, and then back to DMH to Vonda (Dean's buddy) that handled it all amazingly well.

Long story short, JUST ANOTHER CASE of the Michael Smith in question NOT being my husband....... AND, to clarify, it was NOT the fault of DMH or anyone in their billing dept. The fault fell on the attorney that did the title work. The socials, middle initial, birthday, and place of employment were ALL on the info I got, and NOTHING matched my husband. All of this could've been avoided, had the legal description been researched instead of just "Michael Smith."

So, we are now (at NOON) back on track to close this afternoon.

Whew.

2 comments:

The Perry Family August 29, 2008 at 1:04:00 PM CDT  

I know what you are going through. It seems all kinds of retarded stuff came up with our buyers when they were buying our house. Finally, it sold. But, I know how you feel about the name thing, b/c my hubby is Christopher D. Perry and there is another Christopher D. Perry in Warren and he has the crappiest credit ever!!!

Jenny Sipes August 29, 2008 at 1:30:00 PM CDT  

Well I am so glad that yall got everything straightened out...I know how stressful it is trying to sale your house before you can buy another...not fun!! But anywho so glad things are "back on track"

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP