Wednesday, July 30, 2008

house drama

Ok, so most people know that Michael and I are in the middle of selling our home. I am trying not to "count my chickens" because we have literally been down to the very last step in selling this place before, only to have the buyer's financing fall through, but the loan officer keeps assuring us that things will happen this time, so we have begun to house hunt again.


We bounce back and forth daily on whether or not to build. I know building has its' perks, but I personally have no desire to build. There's some aspects of a house that I would know what I want, but picking out EVERY detail with my indecisive husband doesn't sound the least bit appealing.

Part of the reason I don't want to build is also because the land that we have is 12 miles from town. I am definitely NOT a subdivision person in the least, but don't necessarily want to be THAT far out, either.


So we looked at this place today. I LOVE it. I am hoping things come together for us to be able to make an offer. I am trying to be a person that can accept "if it's meant to be, it will" so we are going to pray about it, and go from there. My mother thinks it is located exceptionally close to a nursing home, so it suits her, haha. I told her I would never do that; I would put her in a camper in my yard.... :P

8 comments:

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 1:33:00 PM CDT  

Beautiful house!!!

Blake July 30, 2008 at 2:02:00 PM CDT  

I hope it works out...I'm ready for us to go shopping! lol

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 2:48:00 PM CDT  

my parents live nearby and they absolutely love it out there! It's a gorgeous house

The Perry Family July 30, 2008 at 3:19:00 PM CDT  

Girl, I know how you feel. I was at that same crossroad a few months back. We did decide to build and it has been a process already. We have only been out of our house 3 weeks and are wanting back in our own space soon. I think you are making a great decision on getting something already available. There just aren't any houses around Warren that are that nice and for sale right now. Good Luck! :)

Michael July 30, 2008 at 8:11:00 PM CDT  

A trailer in the yard? Nope, I will NOT let you do that! Unless you move us one out ther too..... ;-)

dean July 30, 2008 at 11:46:00 PM CDT  

if you really want to build your dream house, you need to be prepared to build at least twice. the first one is NEVER it. that's the one you learn on. i think building is overrated (yeah, that coming from a guy who made his living in the building trades for a lot of years). but then, i think home ownership is vastly overrated, too :-) i've been perfectly content to live in my two-room houseparent apartments for the last 6 years. easy to please... easily amused!

Sarah Albin August 2, 2008 at 9:28:00 AM CDT  

I love this house. How's it going with that?

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP