Thursday, May 15, 2008

My day

mothersday08 002
I have not had the best week. I had a nice mother's day, and that has been the highlight of this week so far, other than my child's scrimmage game on Monday, where she got two solid basehits at her only two at bats. My girls have not been allowed to have tv for a few weeks now, except in very very little moderation. (Like an hour every few days) Since they have nothing else to do besides get along, they do. And they LOVE art. I spend money fairly often on restocking the art supplies. They love tape, pipe cleaners, and markers. Because of that, I got a lot of neat homemade stuff for mother's day. I got all that back out today when I was pretty down. I am kind of hitting a wall when it comes to my dad. I don't know how to kick this "anger" about it all. He went back to the VA again today. I am sick of him being put through all this.

mothersday08 003
So I go through these things my babies made for me. Two of them were made at school, and the rest they did on their own. This is actually not even all of them.
mothersday08 004

mothersday08 005
This one says I love you because you take care of me. Sometimes, I think THEY take care of me. If I didn't have to hold it together to be a mother, I think I would lay in bed all day and feel sorry for myself.
mothersday08 006
I am glad my kids know I love them. Sometimes I don't do the best job at showing them, but in the good times, I have apparently gotten it through to them.
mothersday08 009
Last but not least, during my crappy day today, I called Taylor James back about some photoshop stuff he is helping me with. While I had him on the phone, I asked if he knew what Jordan's # in softball was going to be, because I wanted to get a car decal like all the other sports obsessed moms. He said, no, we are printing them up and they will be done Saturday, what # do you want? I was like WHAT? Are you kidding? I can pick? He says well.....I will go ask Dad and be sure......people usually don't.....

Now to most people, I understand that you don't care what # your kid has. But Michael and I BOTH were # 23 in our ball days. I loved Dave Justice (former RF for Atl Braves) and I always had his number on my back if at all possible.
Untitled-1

My husband is obsessed with Michael Jordan. So, I am waaaaay more excited than most people ever would be over something so trivial! 23 lives on in the Smith household, cause Jerry James ok'd it. WOOO HOOO something good, finally! It would've never occurred to me to just come right out and ask, so I am glad I called Taylor today!

4 comments:

Blake May 15, 2008 at 1:39:00 PM CDT  

You are a good mom, and your kids know how lucky they are! I love all the cool stuff they made for you...and I'm glad Jordan got your number--I can't wait to see their shirts!

K.T. is Mommatude May 15, 2008 at 1:59:00 PM CDT  

Maybe you should talk with Mandy as far as that anger department,she was very angry when she found out her Dad had cancer...

The mothers day stuff is pretty cool!! I love the little heart string/kite,thats pretty creative!

Congrats on the 23 as well!!!

Stacy May 15, 2008 at 2:10:00 PM CDT  

Shelley,

If you ever want to talk about the deal with your dad, just give me a call. I went through the same stuff with my grandpa that I was extremely close to. We dealt with the VA for several years ourselves.

Stacy

ash May 15, 2008 at 4:54:00 PM CDT  

your kids know what an awesome mom you are......

ok i so understand the number thing.....22 was my number always.....i remember i wasnt goin to play one year cuz i couldnt have it but i ended up getting it!!! LOL

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP