Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pizza Hut has made me mad

I called pizza hut this morning to get my kids a pizza.

This is how it went:

PH: Thank you for calling Pizza Hut, will your order be carryout or dine in?

Me: carryout

PH: phone #

Me: ###-####

PH: Would you like to hear our specials?

Me: yes, anything related to a medium, because that's what I need

PH: (Paraphrased) Two mediums, one large breadsticks, and 2 liter drink, 20 something bucks

Me: No thanks, I don't want to spend 20 bucks, so I just need a medium thin crust pepperoni

PH: Give me twenty minutes, and that will be $15.25 (13.99 + tax)

I go to get it. I drive up while on the phone with Blake. The sign (LARGE SIGN BY HIGHWAY) says 2 meds 12 bucks carryout special.

WHAT? I am paying over 15 for one when two is supposed to be TWELVE????

I leave my phone in my lap, and tell Blake to listen, and be my witness that I was nice. I said what's up with the 12 dollar special? I asked about specials on mediums, and you didn't mention that?

Pizza Hut chick (who said she was a manager) then tells me, "OH you have to ASK for that, I don't have to tell you about that," and brings out a index card that was neon colored and shows me what she is "supposed to" say, unless I already know about that special.
I say that is crazy, and wrong, to do that to people, when I DID ask about specials. She said OH WELL.
Another Pizza Hut employee comes to the window. Her name is Dominque. She knows I do WAYYYY too much business there, and says "I know you! You are here all the time!" She lets me know she will tell the "GM" that this has occurred and apologizes.
I take my pizza and leave.

I call my husband, after I get off the phone with Blake....... He promptly calls Pizza Hut and lets them know he wants to order the OTHER pizza his wife just paid for.

Will let you know how he gets treated when he picks it up!!!

9 comments:

Blake March 19, 2008 at 11:58:00 AM CDT  

I hope it goes better for Mike than it did for you....that lady was RUDE!!! It's crazy to me that they only "have" to tell you some of the specials and not all of them...what's the point of asking what they are if they only have to tell you about the ones that they want you to know???

Michael March 19, 2008 at 12:14:00 PM CDT  

If Pizza Hut was not around, I wouldn't like Mazzio's so much! Personally, I don't know how Pizza Hut is still in business here.....

K.T. is Mommatude March 19, 2008 at 12:43:00 PM CDT  

We had something similar to that happen to us when Dominos was here....crazy!!!


I know Dominique,personally,actually...LOL

ashley March 19, 2008 at 12:46:00 PM CDT  

Just don't try to have something delivered if you think that experience was bad. I called 3 times one night about our order before someone admitted (2 hours later) that the order never got placed. It was a big order because we had several people over. They couldn't believe I didn't want them to start over on the order and wouldn't give me any discounts. If you go online to complain they tell you it is a privately owned franchise so you have to contact the company who owns it directly.

Laken March 19, 2008 at 1:24:00 PM CDT  

OMG! That would have ticked me off!

The Perry Family March 19, 2008 at 1:24:00 PM CDT  

i like pizza hut pizzas and that is the only reason why i continue to do business with them. of course, ours is the one in warren and i'm sorry that your pizza hut apparently has the same morons working there as the one here. i'm not much on mazzio's and chris hates it. i don't know how many times i have ordered pizzas and go up there in 30 min to get it and they haven't even made them. the last time, the lady gave me $10.00 off my next order but all the other times this has happened, they wouldn't do a thing about it.

Debbi March 19, 2008 at 2:12:00 PM CDT  

I love pizza hut, but seriously they are so overpriced too compaired to other pizza places. That is crazy how they treated you!

Lou Arnold March 19, 2008 at 6:22:00 PM CDT  

This is why I don't do business with them from an incident 2 years ago. I ordered spaghetti and got both tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce on it. I was told that was they did it and I was basically stupid for thinking spaghetti should only have tomato sauce. Haven't bought from them in two years.

Mom of these kids March 19, 2008 at 8:12:00 PM CDT  

So...I want to hear how it went after he went up there? Did they give him any trouble? So did they end up charging you $15, or 12??

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP