Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I don't like Spring Break.

Most people that truly know me know why.

I lost my first true love in a farming accident during Spring Break in 1996. It was on March 22. I absolutely loathe that day every single year. Dealing with Gage's death was traumatic on a huge level, and I talked to pretty much no one about it at that time. Eventually I got comfortable enough to take Rosjuane with me to the cemetery, but that took a couple years. Of course many years have passed, and I am okay now, but I still hate that day, and I always will.

So because of that, I have negative feelings about Springs Break, and when I know it's "coming" that is what I think of. I guess it will always be that way.

Now, I go to read my dear friend Sarah's blog to and find this. It makes me feel terrible in the pit of my stomach. It makes me remember Lacey's mom finding out her cancer was back the week after we took her to Jordan's 5th birthday party. I makes me think how much I should count my blessings. And this blog was posted in the afternoon of the day that I find out that India Pace has passed away. A wonderful, young mother, stricken with cancer, leaving children without a mom. A young mother, that was barely older than me. Now I wonder, will her babies hate Spring Break too? Will they loathe it like I do? I hope not.

5 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude March 18, 2008 at 8:49:00 PM CDT  

OMG!!I didnt know India passed away.....Her family will be definitely be in my and Jamies prayers.

So sad...they were/are all so young.A tragedy!

Sarah Albin March 18, 2008 at 11:37:00 PM CDT  

I don't really know what to say except that I am sorry you've experienced so much loss during the month of March. Hopefully the renewal of the season of Easter will help you get through March 22 this year, and in the future. If I was a little closer, I'd give you a big hug!

Michael March 19, 2008 at 12:02:00 AM CDT  

I wish I could give you some magical way to get past the next few weeks, but I can't.

I can tell you there are times of the year which I do not look forward to at all. Mainly Christmas, which is very hard for me and has been for quite some time for a lot of reasons. 1996 was a bad year apparently, it sealed the deal for that time of year as far as I'm concerned.

Not sure if that helps.....just know that I feel a little of what you go through as far as times of year. I'm here if ya need someone to talk about it, or help get your mind off of it.

The Perry Family March 19, 2008 at 10:14:00 AM CDT  

wow, it does make you realize how truly blessed we are. so sorry for everything that has happened to you during this time of year.

Jaime March 19, 2008 at 11:50:00 AM CDT  

It does make you look at your own family and realize life is sucha miracle and now one should take it for granted. I am sorry you have rough times coming. Let God and family get you thru this time. HUGS!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP