Sunday, February 3, 2008

car shopping is not fun

We have officially sold the Nitro.
This is a good thing, especially since I never wanted it to start with.
Now, the issue is, I have no idea what I want.
As bad as I hate the idea of having a van again, I must admit, the one we used to have was the most practical and functional vehicle we have ever had.
It just happened to be a van.

Anyone reading this that knew me in high school will remember that I had over 12 new vehicles from 10-12th grade. Car trading was my dad's hobby......or more like obsession, I should say. He went through over a hundred in my childhood span. It's just what he does.

So, the "thrill" of a new vehicle was worn out with me a long time ago. I have pretty much always driven 4 wheel drive trucks. I am just not a car girl. I do like SUV's, but I also hate the mileage that goes with them. I also have the problem of needing something that Michael can comfortably ride in.

My poor husband has bought me: an alero, a minivan, several toyota trucks, a 4 runner, a grand am gt, an expedition, a couple tahoes, and I am sure there's more that I can't remember. I am ready to get in something and STAY in it, because I want a new house!

I am tired of looking already.......

5 comments:

dean February 3, 2008 at 5:00:00 PM CST  

i noticed the nitro was gone when i rode by ryburn's taking a kid to cheerleading practice earlier today. i think a hummer would work for ya, and meet mike's space needs too :-)

dean February 3, 2008 at 5:01:00 PM CST  

oh, i forgot about gas mileage... well, the hummer could BE your new house too!

K.T. is Mommatude February 3, 2008 at 5:56:00 PM CST  

The only thing that I can think of that fits those specifications -besides a minivan is a pacifica or something like that.I noticed that the Nitro was gone too-we liked the look of them,so we were wondering what you didnt like about it?

My hubby trades vehicles alot as well,although mostly pre owned.I think we have had somewhere around 10 vehicles since we got married-that figures up to more than one a year....LOL

Mandy February 4, 2008 at 2:14:00 PM CST  

Have you looked at the GMC Acadia? I LOVE those... and they are roomy from what I hear. I'm pretty sure they come with third row seating. When we're done with our van I really want one of those. Not sure how the milage is on them though, that's a huge concern for us too. (one reason we like a van instead of an SUV..that and vans are just hands down SAFER than SUVs) GL car hunting!!

Sarah Albin February 4, 2008 at 6:13:00 PM CST  

Why don't you get a Dodge diesel truck? That's what I have: a 3/4 ton, 4 door, 4WD. The mileage isn't too bad, like 15-17 around town and 20 or so on trips. Don't get an 08 Ford Diesel though. Our friends have one and they get like 4-8 MPG.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP