Friday, January 4, 2008

words to ponder

A true friend is one who knows all about you and likes you anyway.

A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

When you choose your friends, don't be short-changed by choosing personality over character.

Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.

From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  January 4, 2008 at 9:24:00 PM CST  

Hey Shelly, I just wanted to say that whoever the loser was that said the village is a cult, needs to grow up. Now I know why you had your blog locked. I wonder if he even knows what a cult is?

Shelley January 4, 2008 at 9:29:00 PM CST  

I hadn't even seen that. My friend has been in labor all day, and I have been busy with her son. That is very pathetic, and I take it personally because my husband and I have a lot of friends there. If being good, Christian people, working together in a family oriented environment freaks someone out, they can just stay home.
This is precisely why I have had it locked. People making ignorant choices and being rude. There is NOWHERE else that we go on weekends to eat and have a good time that my children enjoy more than the Village. We walk around all over, go see the animals, and etc. It's a perfect way to hang out with my kids.

dean January 4, 2008 at 10:07:00 PM CST  

i like the first one... and am glad for friends like that 'cause otherwise i don't think i'd have any :-)

The Perry Family January 7, 2008 at 9:43:00 AM CST  

oh yes!! i am all about the village and michael and daphne at fuquas are some of the nicest people i know! i can't believe someone would say something like that!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP