Wednesday, December 19, 2007

my new book

I am reading this book. I got it Monday when I was in Monroe. Going to Booksamillion was a nice change from my normal shopping routine. Most of my friends don't read like I do, so going to a bookstore when we are together normally doesn't happen.

I got into reading it last night. It's pretty crazy to immediately find yourself saying, uh oh, does this author know me?
It's all about getting to know your spouse's emotional needs. (There's even a test in the back for husbands and wives)
For anyone that wants to reconnect with a spouse, you should read this! It is NOT long, and it is not complicated reading in any way. The real references that are thrown into the mix are things that hit home. Even if you are happy in your marriage already, I still think you could benefit from this book. I know I am going to!

4 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude December 19, 2007 at 1:04:00 PM CST  

I own this book,I also own the five love languages of children.They are great,I know my and Jamies love languages but kids love languages are hard to figure out,So I just do them all...lol!!!

Blake December 19, 2007 at 1:42:00 PM CST  

I told you this was a GREAT book...a really good friend of mine got if for me a few months ago...LOL!

Sarah Albin December 19, 2007 at 1:50:00 PM CST  

I read this book too. Now I am trying to get Andy to read it. It is a really great book.

dean December 19, 2007 at 3:31:00 PM CST  

ok, i know i'm wading into a sea of estrogen commenting on this particular subject here, but my wife and i have gone through this book as well, and it really connected in a lot of areas for us. being married 17+ years, you can get in a rut, and when you think after all that time you should know your spouse better than before, you really do get to where you take things (and each other) for granted.

we also did another somewhat similar book that was actually a workbook, and had some assignments to do... at that particular time in our marriage, those assignments were pretty intense and went into some touchy areas for us, but it was a time of honesty and clearing the air, and it was very constructive in the long run. dont' try to pin me down on the book or the author, because i absolutely cannot remember.

and speaking of books, shelley, i still havent forgotten about "Forgiving the Dead Man Walking." i'll be looking for it when things settle down later this week.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP