Monday, December 31, 2007

Insurance. YUCK.

ugh.
Insurance is one of the most hated bills I have to pay. Yes, I know, it's needed. But I still hate it.
Especially since 3 months coverage costs us $1,227.39. No, that is not a typo, and fyi, that excludes any coverage for my shingles, Karsyn's asthma, and Jordan's ear infections. But today, that isn't my problem. Or actually it is, because it's due, but regardless, it's not what my gripe is.
On my insurance card, they spelled Karsyn's name wrong. It says Kaysyn. I have tried to no avail to get a new one with her name on it spelled correctly. They want an ORIGINAL of her birth certificate, and a copy of her social security card. Um......no. I didn't have to provide all that to apply, so why do I need it now? I have a copy of the original application, on which, guess what, I spelled her name right. Therefore, their data entry person mis-keyed it. I totally understand these things happen. So go back, pull the application, and correct it in your system, and send me a NEW CARD!!! I faxed the person I got at customer service a copy of her birth certificate, and a copy of her ss card, with 3 numbers blacked out. That did not suffice.
(Due to being married to someone with the most common name in the free world, we get TONS of calls from collection agencies trying to pin other people's bills on him. Because of that, I do NOT throw out my kids' socials very easily. And fyi, you can usually say, I don't know it, and they leave you alone....cause I ALWAYS say that!)
So I gave up, for the moment. Called our local insurance person. She says it is handled. It is "on the way." That was OVER a month ago.....
But the real problem is now. I had to take Karsyn to the doctor, and then on to the hospital today for some tests. Because her name was spelled wrong.....it was a BIG issue. The DMH lady was great, and extremely accomodating about it, but her hands were tied. They can't submit a claim under my kid's name to a name that differs on the card.
UGH.
What a mess. And let me tell ya, that original person at my insurance 1-800 # is going to be sooooo sorry she gave me her extension. She will not begin her New Year on a good foot if I can get her on the phone on January 2!!

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude December 31, 2007 at 6:41:00 PM CST  

That is about what ours runs too-LOL,without the kids included.Gotta love those preexisting conditions.

I have the name problem alot with Kyla too-everyone wants her to be a Kayla for some reason...

dean January 1, 2008 at 2:13:00 AM CST  

from dictionary.com...
bureaucrat:
1. an official of a bureaucracy.
2. an official who works by fixed routine without exercising intelligent judgment.

you have a bureaucracy problem, shelley. too many mindless individuals just putting out the minimum amount of effort to collect their paycheck. since most of the rest of our meaningful jobs have been outsourced to other countries, about all we have left is the service industry, and that's going to hell in a handbasket because of the people who are supposed to be proving customer service to the customers, but arent.

i feel for you there. hope karsyn's doing better.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP