Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A weekend of doing NOTHING!

Although it really sucked to disappoint my clients on Saturday by cancelling all my sittings, it did make for a nice, calm weekend. The rain set in fairly early, and we sat around the house and did NOTHING! It was GREAT.

The kids got along, and it was very chaos free. As I have said before, the photography thing is still very much a passion, but my family comes first. Taking pictures has been cutting into my family time way too much, and I have decided to slack off quite a bit. Money-wise, this is a bad decision, but life's not all about money, and I want to get back to having as much quality time as possible.

We went to Pine Bluff and picked up some new summer clothes for the kids, and had a nice meal at Red Lobster (aka Red Monster, according to Karsyn) and believe it or not, my kids were STILL good!

On Sunday, we went to my former babysitter's 80th birthday party. And yes, I mean MY sitter, that kept me, and half the other kids in Wilmar. It was a great surprise party, and my kids enjoyed it a lot. Mrs Letha Mae Saffold has made a difference in a lot of kids' lives, and I have tons of great memories from her house.

I totally loved doing NOTHING on NOBODY'S schedule!

Future sittings will be few and far between after I finish up with the ones I have booked. I hope everyone understands. And, NO MORE WEDDINGS! They are simply too time consuming to proof. Now, everyone pray that we are still able to pay bills :)

It's month end at work, and hopefully it will continue to go smoothly. I have a wedding to shoot on Friday night, and NOTHING to do Saturday, woo hoo!


me and my babies, my inspiration in all I do....

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude April 3, 2007 at 11:15:00 PM CDT  

Glad to hear that you got Saturday off and had a nice day with the fam.

Sugar-n-Spice April 4, 2007 at 9:14:00 AM CDT  

your pictures are just beautiful! but i always love to hear when a mom is choosing her family, despite losing money. many wait too late to learn that lesson. i'm glad you had such a wonderful day on sat. i love it when the kids get along, too!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP