Saturday, March 24, 2007

I wanna do nothing today!

 


I have a wedding to shoot in Little Rock today. Although I know it will be fun, I really wish I could sit home and enjoy this beautiful day with my kids. The girls are enjoying the weather, playing outside, and I know they are about to go nuts when I say, ok, come in, we have to get ready to go.
Once again, I am feeling like I neglect my family due to my photography. Working 40+ hours a week for the Price Companies already leaves me very little spare time. I am doing shoots every weekend, and spending nights during the week proofing them. I think I am on the verge of being burned out on it. I never wanted it to be a "job", I wanted it to be a passion, a fun hobby I truly enjoy. Now it seems like all my kids says is awwww momma, are you taking someone's pictures today????
It's also still inching closer all the time for us to be out of our house, and we still have not made any decisions on where to live. We simply cannot afford a lot of the things on the market now, and the rest, well, are less than desirable for us. Not that there's a thing in the world wrong with a subdivision, we just aren't those kind of people. I don't think the neighbors would care for my 200 lb dog roaming about.
I took Rufus for the last treatment, and all's well! The vet said if was going to kill him, it would've already proven fatal. He's such an eyecatcher, when he was in the back of my truck, I can't tell you how many people pulled up besided me on the 4 lane and just stared. Little do they know, the "beast" is like a lapdog!
Off I go now, have to get ready. I will post a few tomorrow if I get time.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude March 24, 2007 at 11:38:00 AM CDT  

Oh shel,i am so sorry that this is so stressful for you and so hard on everyone...:(:(:(:(

I am on the other hand glad Rufus is okay...

Maybe a subdivision could be a temporary fix,I know that one particular one has rentals...and that would buy you guys some more time......
(BTW,I am planning on doing NOTHING all week...I feel the stress too..:))

Sarah Albin March 24, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM CDT  

Hope the wedding went well. Can't wait to see some pics...

Mom of these kids March 25, 2007 at 12:20:00 PM CDT  

I totally know how you feel about the photography. I love photography, but when the business comes before my family, which seems to be a lot considering it is our only source of income, it becomes more miserable than a 9-5 job. I am constantly telling my kids..in a minute, in a minute. It is so hard to find balance, and photography is so much of your self, so personal, you can just halfway do that...it has to be your best. But, so does being a mother. Then throwing another job, and moving in on top of that....CRAZY! My advice, quit Price and just go for your photography business. You are doing well, and just trust that God will take care of you as you follow the talent that he has given you. E-mail me if you ever need to vent...I totally get it!

Maury

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP